Steel Stacks

Steel Stacks

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Stitchy chairs and updates :)

Well gang this weekend I got a lot of stitching done and worked on getting my chair choices in order. I my shoulder took a turn for the worse and I discovered that the recliner and the couch are not "neck friendly" especially when stitching. Sooooo I got rid of the recliner (off the the local thrift shop) and moved my blue chair (which works) and then went to storage and got out my mom's chair and my old floor stand (which I think I used once) and they work perfectly together!

My comfy blue chair with my beloved Bailey


Mom's chair which is perfect!

Now for the updates - I finished Basket of Memories here it is with the fabric I think I will use to finish it.



 It is stitched on a lovely yellow (brighter than it looks here) with DMC Color Variations 4235.

Last night I just didn't feel like working on the Quaker and I can't start my Northwind  until Monday so I did what all good stitchers do and started another project.  Angela over at Indomitable Angela sent me some beautiful aide so I could do:


The Three Kings
by Diane Arthurs

And here is my start from last night:


 Not much yet but moving in the right direction.  

I hope you are all having a beautiful day and thank you all for you comments they mean the world to me. Until next time . . .
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Rose--so glad you've gotten yourself a comfy seat, don't want you stitching your neck back into pain.

    Love the Basket of Memories piece, beautiful simplicity says a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your mom's chair. :)

    Congrats on the Basket finish... it looks beautiful. :D Can't wait to see more of The Three Kings.

    ReplyDelete