Steel Stacks

Steel Stacks

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Starting Over 2017 Style

Well I'm not sure if there is still anyone out there but I'm starting over again!

I know I said that in April of 201 but on one could have predicted the ride we were about to take. I had a gout attack right after I wrote that and Andy tried to sell the camper without my "hair on the back of my neck". Well he sold it  but the woman gave him a Deposit and then the check bounced! Let just say we are out about $10,000! We got a judgement against her but fat chance of ever seeing that money again. I am glad that we sold it though as the next year and a half I would have had no time to go.

Daughter number 2 started feeling sick in May and in July was diagnosed with a very large oral cancer tumor. We were sent immediately to Universitly of Pennsylvania Hospital to one of the best surgeons in the world  (we have since met doctors from all over the world who come to train with him) and on August 4, 2015 our journey began with her surgery. It has been a long ride and if you want to hear it you can read her blog www.clydebegone.blogspot.com.  I will say that she is cancer free, engaged and hoping to get back to work part time the end of January!

I am going to try really hard to keep track of my stitching with this blog as I have done a lot but have no idea what lol. Also with all the time off I have taken from work I need to stitch from my stash and maybe get rid of some patterns I no longer like. More on that later.

Tonight I'll try to finish a small I started yesterday as a last start and last finish to 2016. Hope to post pictures tomorrow (or later tonight)

May 2017 treat us all a little better than 2016 did.

Hugs,
Rose

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Welcome back! Look forward to seeing/reading about your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about your difficult year, and let's hope and pray that 2017 is a more happy one for you and your family! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete