Steel Stacks

Steel Stacks

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Getting my mojo back and a finish :)

Hi All!!
I don't know how many of you remember but last year (maybe the year before) I thought I would try my first BAP and stitch The Shores of Hawk Run Hollow. Well I got a little overwhelmed and did not get far.  


Pretty bad huh?!? I think the size of the fabric overwhelmed me. I started again today and WILL keep going.  I love to read Becky's Bees blog.  Becky SC is amazing and she finished Autumn at Hawk Run Hollow by commiting to 1 block a month.  I  just started a small wedding gift but I have til the end of September so I am going to do at least 1 block a month until Shores is done.  I plan on posting my progress. I have a weeks vacation next week so I plan on getting a lot of stitching done.  My favorite forum over at About.com is having a SWAT (a stitch week along) in July so I should get some done then too!  There is a really great group of stitchers on that forum (stop by and check it out)!

I did complete a gift for my boss in time for her last day of work (she retired Monday).


I changed some of the colors to match her tastes.  She fell in love with sheep when she visited Ireland so sheep it had to be.  Sorry for the fuzzy picture but I am learning to use my smart phone as my daughter took my camera to Guyana and I didn't get it back yet.

I hope you all are having a great summer so far and I will post progress pictures soon.

Thanks for stopping by . . .
Hugs,


4 comments:

  1. So sweet of you to make a gift for your boss. It's beautiful.
    All the best with shores :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I loved making it. LG has been by boss for almost 20 years in 2 different schools and she taught both my girls in 1st grade before becoming principal. She is a sweetie and I will miss her.

      Delete
  2. I love the little gift you made for your boss. It's so sweet.
    BAPs can be a bit overwhelming at the start but the further you get the more you will like it. I'm looking forward to seeing your next picture of Shores.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to see your post Rose! Lovely start! Me, I haven't decided yet which of the Hawk Run series to get cause I want them all, LOL! Your gift to your boss is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete